Friday, May 18, 2007

She turns 2!


Nandy is turning 2. It's her star birthday tomorrow! And, know what??? I'm the one who is excited! I can't believe that this little bundle of joy has been with me for 2 years! Baby dear.. you are growing older!
I am thanking God for every moment of these two years that he has given me. And baby, I haven't had any priority in these two years except for you.
Remember girlie??? Your first birthday? We had made it as grand as possible! Oops! Your pappa and me did enjoy, am not too sure if you ever got the essence that celebrations on your first birthday were going on!
Soon after your birthday celebrations came the head-shaving ceremony. I still remember the way you squealed. However you looked a lot more cute with those curly locks; which never grew on one side of your head! Pity you!
You spent 3 months of this year away from your pappa, as he went onsite on an assignment. I knew baby- I knew how intendly you missed him all the while. When he was back, you just hopped over to be with him, and I was wondering since you were 14 months old and it would have been normal if you were shy at first.
This happened when your granny came to be with us also. This happened so many times with her that we stopped questioning it. You started addressing her with a lot of special tags - as "Nandu ammu". She was so happy to hear that!
You have no problems adjusting to new places and you are OK with change. You like your dolls but never miss them. You don't ask for them. You love your grandma to bits but as soon as she says good bye and leave, you give me a sad look and then continue with your life. You don't ask for her again.
Its the same when pappa and me leave for office everyday, you give a sad face and then distract yourself with some toys.
But I know baby...I know I am special to you. if you cant find out which part of the house I am and if I don't answer your calls, you start panicking and about to cry and as soon as you find me, you swallow the tears and pretend to be OK and give me a smile as if you never doubted that I had left you alone and gone somewhere. Who taught you all this?
Years from now when you get married and start panicking when your husband does nt answer his mobile phone, remember to blame it on your mother's genes. It works!

And finally, because of you I have learned persevearence, patience, and most of all I have learned how to stay calm. Thank you for bringing that out in me. Thank you for being here. I am a better person because of you and I hope you say the same thing about me one day. Well, I can hope!

Happy Birthday Dear!

No comments: